Any loud or unreasonable noise from a party or any other type of disturbance, fighting in public or offensive words, can result in a citation for disturbing the peace. This is a relatively minor charge but it is still recommended that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to assist you in obtaining the best possible result with your case. While an individual charged with disturbing the peace may go into court on their own and get what seems like a reasonable offer to resolve the case from the Judge or District Attorney, an experienced criminal defense attorney could possibly arrange a straight dismissal with the court or DA. It is always advisable to have an attorney, even in minor cases like these.